Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Broken China Treasures - What is This?

Hello everyone and welcome to my first blog post! I'm just going to wander my way through this business of blogging. I'm sure I'll make quite a few mistakes along the way but I hope to make a lot of friends in the process.

Broken China Treasures - What is This?

Well, I take broken china, like this:


And create precious treasures, like this:

As you can see, I create angels, jewelry and even business card holders. If you are interested in any of my items, please feel free to contact me through this blog or check out my etsy shop at http://www.brokenchinatreasures.etsy.com/

If you have a treasured piece of broken, chipped or cracked china that you can't bear to toss away and keep shoved in the back of your cabinet, bring it out in the open as a piece of jewelry or angel to enjoy more frequently. Remember, it's not doing you any good if you hide it!

I'm always looking for unique pieces and use whatever I can get my hands on. I prefer working with fine china or bone china, but if I come across some pretty pottery or stoneware, I'll certainly try it. I search garage sales, antique sales, auctions, etc. and even try to find some great deals at TJ Maxx or Marshall's.

Please keep checking this blog to see my latest creations.

No comments: